This is a quick tip that will show you how to change the icons shown on your Profile Sidebar for adding media.
1. First, go to your Layout Manager and disable the default 'Add New Media' widget.
2. Next, drag a Custom HTML widget into your Profile Sidebar (Zone A) and position it above the disabled Add New Media widget.
3. Now, here comes the fun bit. Download the file called add-new-media.html that is attached to this post and open it with your favourite HTML editor. We'll be using Dreamweaver.
4. The code will look something like this. Note the highlighted areas. The small red box shows the area where you would edit the text that appears underneath the button. So, you could change this to 'Film' for example. The big red box shows the area in the code where you specify the URL of your new icon. By default, these images should be 32 pixels wide and 32 pixels high, but you can use any size you like - but prepare to edit some CSS!
5. Once you have edited the code, paste it into the new Custom HTML widget that you made earlier.
6. Make the widget viewable to logged-in-members only. After all, there's little point in making these icons available to non-members!
7. Also, un-tick the box that says 'Use Content Frame'.
8. Save the Custom HTML widget.
9. Now, when you view your site, your new icons will be displayed on the profile sidebar:
Just one thing to bear in mind - this will detach some of the control that you have in the Access Settings in terms of control over members ability to upload music, post blogs etc... So, if you wish to prevent a member from uploading music for example you will need to edit your Custom HTML widget to remove the icon and link.