The UMC (unified messaging center) is the header bar which appears along the top of your website. The links in this bar help you navigate the main community pages on the site and other areas such as your member Account Settings.
When first visiting a site, the UMC will have options depending on which pages the site creator has activated. You will always see the options to 'Log In' or 'Sign Up' in the top right-hand corner.
Click 'Log In' to enter the site if you are already a member. If you are not a member but would like to join, click 'Sign Up'.
Once you are logged in, you will see key member options in the right-hand side of your UMC:
- New blog post: You can create a new blog post by clicking this button.
- My private messages: Click on the envelope to see messages other members have sent you. Unread messages will show up with a red marker.
- My notifications: Click on the notifications inbox symbol to see new notifications relevant to your member account.
- Dropdown menu: Click on your username (or on the little down arrow) to view a dropdown of options relating to your member account -
- View my profile page: This links you directly to your personal profile page.
- Edit profile: Here you can edit your profile details such as links to other online profiles and your 'About me' text.
- Change Photo: You can change your profile picture here, which will be displayed on your profile and next to your name on content posted within the site.
- Account Settings: In Account Settings, you are able to change your display name, email address, password and email notification settings. You can also connect or disconnect your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts here.
- Logout: Simply click this to log out of your member account.
PS: When logged in as the administrator you will see an extra option in the left-hand links - 'Admin'. Click this to reach your admin center.